Tuesday 26 July 2011

To find ourselves? Or define ourselves? [October 3, 2010]

In a world of so many questions and uncertainties, I can't help but wonder how we are ever supposed to 'find' ourselves. Or if I really mean to say, 'define' ourselves.. It is such a pressure in this day and age to slap a label on who you are and what you stand for and what you believe in. Often I find myself so caught up in trying to work out who I am, i forget to LIVE. I analyse every component of the very structure of my being and soul, and at times I am overwhelmed by the sheer velocity of things I have yet to work out and understand. I guess the question I want to throw out to the void is - why can't we just live? Maybe then it will all fall into place, and questions that bombard us constantly will all be answered in their own time. I don't feel I have the energy or the want to continue living like this - with thoughts screaming in my head that I should know who and what I am. I feel perfectly content to just live and let live, and allow fragments of my persona to be understood on a day-to-day basis. Is that so wrong? Am I wrong in wanting that not just for myself, but for everyone else out there in this great wide world?

No comments:

Post a Comment