Tuesday, 26 July 2011
To find ourselves? Or define ourselves? [October 3, 2010]
In a world of so many questions and uncertainties, I can't help but wonder how we are ever supposed to 'find' ourselves. Or if I really mean to say, 'define' ourselves.. It is such a pressure in this day and age to slap a label on who you are and what you stand for and what you believe in. Often I find myself so caught up in trying to work out who I am, i forget to LIVE. I analyse every component of the very structure of my being and soul, and at times I am overwhelmed by the sheer velocity of things I have yet to work out and understand. I guess the question I want to throw out to the void is - why can't we just live? Maybe then it will all fall into place, and questions that bombard us constantly will all be answered in their own time. I don't feel I have the energy or the want to continue living like this - with thoughts screaming in my head that I should know who and what I am. I feel perfectly content to just live and let live, and allow fragments of my persona to be understood on a day-to-day basis. Is that so wrong? Am I wrong in wanting that not just for myself, but for everyone else out there in this great wide world?
- What does it mean to pretend? [July 24, 2011]
- I remember. [June 5, 2011]
- Religion makes me rant. [May 20, 2011]
- Musings. [February 13, 2011]
- Just a little meandering for the soul. [October 12...
- To find ourselves? Or define ourselves? [October 3...
- Time. [May 8, 2010]
- Never gone. [February 15, 2010]
- Oceans and waves, this is a dreary place. [January...
- We must part ways. [June 24, 2009]
- ▼ July (10)