Tuesday 26 July 2011

Religion makes me rant. [May 20, 2011]

I was just browsing through IMDB and wikipedia [as i do frequently when avoiding uni work.. shame jayne, shame] and i was reading some interesting facts about some different actors. And i was reading something about one of the glee actresses, and it said she was a 'liberal christian' and she supported gay rights - then, as a retaliation for her beliefs, these douschebag radical christians decide she can't speak at their gathering or whatever and proceed to shun her. I mean, c'mon, what a load of bull! I'm no perfect Christian, nor a perfect person by any means, but I least I have respect for people and what they believe. I don't force what I think down people's throats, and I don't kick them out of my life JUST because they have a different worldview to me. ARGH!

It just gives me such rage, because there's already so much hate and pain and judgement in the world. I just think, as cheesy as it is, 'try a little tenderness'. Maybe if we were all just a little more accepting, a little more loving, then just maybe some of the god-awful crimes that have been happening lately might die down just the tiniest bit. Maybe then, pain wouldn't be the only option for so many, and suicide and murder and bullemia and anorexia and depression wouldn't seem so appealing to so many people. If only people KNEW just how much others cared about them - and if only people KNEW just how much their words cut deep.

My biggest hate in life is being hypocritical. It's something that I know everyone deals with at some stage - nobody's exempt from it, even the most lovely of people. I just wish that more people were aware of it when they do it. I'm constantly trying NOT to be that way, not to think of myself as higher than anyone else, because I know just how low I feel when I come across people who do treat you as though you are way beneath them in every possible way. [and my biggest BIGGEST apologies if I have EVER made you feel that way - the idea of it just guts me to the core]

Anyway, I'm gonna end with this really good little quote I discovered in this book I'm reading at the moment [called Splashes of Joy in the Cesspolls of Life by Barbara Johnson, in case you're interested - very uplifting read]. It goes like this:

We choose how we shall live;

courageously or in cowardice,

honourably or dishonourably,

with purpose or in drift.

We decide what is important

and what is trivial in life.

We decide that what makes us significant

is either what we do or refuse to do...

WE DECIDE.

WE CHOOSE.

And as we decide and as we choose,

so our lives are formed...

Cool hey?

The other little one which kinda goes with what I'm saying and makes me smile :) is this:

The rain falls on the just and also on the unjust, but cheifly on the just, because the unjust steals the just's umbrella.

No comments:

Post a Comment