Friday 23 September 2011

Because I'm a sucker for The Vampire Diaries.

"Yes, I worry about you. Why do you even have to hear me say it?"

"Because when I drag my brother from the edge and deliver him back to you I want you to remember the things you felt while he was gone."

Oh, Damon. You make my heart pound. And those words weren't even delivered to me.

Aside from the fact this episode had way too many Elena-crying-over-Stefan moments, I was particularly delighted with this tiny montage between Damon and Elena in the 39th minute.

Thank you Julie Plec and Kevin Williamson, for delivering a near-flawless episode, yet again.

So, I have taken it upon myself to write a little (ha, well, I'll try to keep it small) blog after each episode of the Vampire Diaries - not as a recap (who wants those? You could easily watch the episode for yourself, it'd be way more entertaining!) but rather as a summary/commentary.

What can I say? I'm a sucker for this show. No pun intended (alright, maybe slightly, but everyone does it).

May I just say that Joseph Morgan becomes hotter in every take. Not even every week - every time he's on my SCREEN I manage to have a little heart flutter.

This week was no different.

One shot, in particular, when werewolf Ray comes back to life, and Klaus says - "Excellent timing Ray. Very dramatic", I felt this devilish smile creep across my face.
And then Klaus says, "Wrong choice" *insert biting arm and then feeding blood to sad werewolf girl*
Followed by "She'll thank me for that later" (quickly becoming one of Klaus' trademark statements, in my opinion) to;
"Okay, who's next?" (with blood dripping off his hand and arm).
After this little exchange, Klaus' face changed in a way that made me slightly hot, I won't lie (check for shimmery gold eyes, dripping blood and fangs extended... hmm).

Thank you Joseph Morgan for making possibly the most evil character I've seen in awhile (hybrid or not) into an outrageously sexy creature. Don't stop, whatever you do.

My next comments are to do with bad-boy-still-remorseful-and-broody Stefan. Firstly, last week I blogged and said that the phone call was a bit too lame for my liking. This week, as a direct follow-on, I would like to retract that statement (partially).

Stefan was part suave this week - calm, cool and collected around Klaus - and then partially depressing - c'mon, saving Damon's life? Again? It was a bittersweet moment, I'll give you that - but it was much smoother this week and I liked his transitioning here. You could see some of the old Stefan fighting through, and while I still love his bad boy persona, I didn't mind seeing his true fight to keep both his brother and Elena safe.

Speaking of keeping Elena safe - UM WHAT THE. So Klaus can't create his hybrid army because Elena is still alive? In other words, if Klaus finds out, or somewhat remotely suspects that Elena is still kicking - big no no. Stefan, Elena, Damon, Alaric, Jeremy, yeah the entire cast will most likely end up dead as a result of Klaus' rage (anyone else getting the feeling this will either be the mid-season climax or season finale drama?)

Anyway, I'm sure there will be more of that to come. Now, as for Jeremy, Vicki and Anna - oh yes, and Matt now too - I'm kind of bored by this ghost story line. Maybe it's just the fact that I am a Supernatural freak and so seeing ghosts in anything else seems ridiculous to me... OR maybe it's because the ghost thing has been outdone a bit in the past. Whatever the reason, I'm not really digging it. That being said, if Aunt Jenna comes back as one of Jeremy's ghosts I might change my mind. Sara Canning is spectacular and I cried for a day when they killed off her character last season (probably the only character I truly wish hadn't of died). Thus, I hope the writers bring her back for a stint. That'd be nice.

Well, I'm almost done, but I HAVE to mention Tyler telling his mum about being a werewolf - or rather, SHOWING her - and the subsequent appearance of Caroline's DAD. Was anyone else like 'Wtf mate?' because I sure was. I did think it was kinda sweet though, Tyler having such a mental at his mum over her calling Caroline a monster, that he dragged her into his secret transformation lair to show her who the 'real' monster is. Kudos to Michael Trevino, such a sweetheart. Let's keep him around.

Uh yeah, and Caroline's dad?! Didn't see that one coming. Gotta say though, Jack Coleman as Mr Forbes? Love it! It is sort of hard to picture him outside of Heroes as 'Noah Bennet', but I am super excited to see how he portrays the runaway-gay-father. Bring it on Season 3, you already have everything going for you, let's keep that momentum UP!

Alas, I have reached the end of this blog. But please, if you are a TVD fan I would love to hear your say :) Did you like 3.02? Looking forward to next week? I'm all ears! :)



6 comments:

  1. I am loving this season! I loved Elena with Stephan, but there was always something sweet about the way Damon treats her that made me hope that she would end up with him. After he killed Damon's girlfriend, I so wanted Elena to be with Damon.
    Thus, in this episode when he told her that he just wanted her to remember what she felt when Stephan was gone...I think I had the same expression as he did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing! Yes, when you re-watch season 1 you can't help but smile with giddiness at Stefan and Elena's cute moments, but Damon and Elena - just something about them! Did you get a chance to read my other blog about TVD? If you want, feel free! Oh gosh, that moment at the end.. I almost booked a flight to America just to try and stalk Ian Somerhalder down haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I did not see your other blog... what is the address?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry! Bit belated, I was at work today. It's called 'It's Rippah time my lovelies' here's the link- http://janeymoo.blogspot.com/2011/09/its-rippah-time-my-lovelies.html :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry another comment from me :) ( i bet you will wish you had never given me the link soon!)

    I think a few people were annoyed that they are going to revisit the 'oh Elena needs to die' storyline but i think we get the most intense scenes between SE DE and SD when Elena is in danger. I know they would probably never do this to Stefan but i think it would be really interesting if Stefan was so far gone that he might go looking for Elena on Klaus' behalf or something along those line. JP & KW would get so much hate for it though so i doubt that will happen but i want Stefan to do something crazy - he has been a bit too tame so far but I think the best stuff is coming :)

    Finally, what can i say about DE they are too beautiful for words. So much so that i teared up just listening to Echo this morning ( Yes i need to go out more clearly )

    Georgina gc123x on twitter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Georgina!
    Sorry it's a bit belated. No way, I love lots of comments! I'm amazed this blog has been viewed as much as it has! It's exciting for me :P Now! To reply to what you said.

    Yeh, I didn't really find it annoying, them re-visiting Elena in danger type thing, I find it more exciting for her character - she is like, the strongest person on TVD because she has gone through so much. And like you said - more intense SE and DE scenes :)

    That is the COOLEST idea ever. I wish they did that!! You know, I read somewhere that Stefan is going to physically hurt Elena somehow. Whether it's true, I'm not sure, but that would be amazing if it was (amazing because it'll push Damon and Elena together!)

    Don't worry, I can't stop watching that last scene on youtube over and over. Just the way his hands are on her face and you can see the conflict in her eyes!! So gorgeous. Perfect moment (shelving that away in favourite tv moments!)

    and Echo is beautiful :) I don't blame you!!

    ReplyDelete